Your Rights at Clannad
The service philosophy of Clannad Counselling & Consulting is based on a foundation of respect and confidentiality.
When you are involved with Clannad, you have certain rights.
- These rights include:The right to participate in planning the services you want;
- The right to be informed of the risks and benefits of these services;
- The right to refuse service from Clannad;
- The right to be informed of other approaches or alternatives that may exist to your service plan;
- The right to consult with another professional about the service you are receiving, or to request a referral to another service provider;
- The right to know your service provider’s values and what it may be like to receive service from this person and from Clannad;
- The right not to be discriminated against based on gender, sexual orientation, cultural, linguistic, racial, age, disability and religious backgrounds;
- The right to develop and realize your own goals based on your strengths and abilities;
- The right to feel safe and not to be harmed in any way.
Information shared with Clannad staff is kept confidential. Information is shared amongst staff only when there is a need to do so and with your knowledge. Information is shared with outside agencies only with written consent by you, or your guardian, or your substitute decision maker.
Clannad keeps records on the people it serves. These records keep track of relevant information about you. This documentation allows us to provide the best quality service. Upon reaching the age of majority, you may request to review any records we keep about you. Exceptions to our confidentiality policy may occur when there are legal or professional reasons to release confidential information without your permission. We are required by law to report any threat to the safety of children, and if we are concerned that a person may hurt themselves or someone else.
Why Do We Gather Information?
Clannad Counselling & Consulting is committed to providing the best service to you. To help us do this, we need to gather information about you. This may include questions about who you are, what you want to accomplish in your therapy, how you have been helped at Clannad and how we could improve our services.
At times, you may be asked to complete questionnaires or to participate in interviews that will help us know how well we are doing. Any information gathered in this way will be confidential and you will not be identified when we summarize the information. It is your choice to provide information. If you choose not to do so, your service at Clannad will not be affected.
Even after you are no longer using Clannad’s services, we may contact you to see if you have any suggestions about improving our services.
Thank you for your willingness to help us improve the services we provide.